Screening Film selects 5 film events taking place this week that are well worth a watch!
1. Autism Friendly Screening – How to Train Your Dragon 2 – Mon 14th July @ Plaza Community Cinema, LIVERPOOL
An autism and disability friendly screening of the brand new DreamWorks film following the adventures of Hiccup and his dragon, Toothless.
2. Leave to Remain – Mon 14th July @ Saffron Walden County High School, ESSEX
Leave to Remain explores the world of teenagers who are seeing asylum in the UK, and shall be followed by a Q&A session with the director and actor Yasmin Mwanza.
3. The Knife That Killed Me – Tues 15th July @ Museum of Science & Industry, MANCHESTER
Watch this incredible film in a unique way on a 50-screen media wall with a live Q&A session with the directors taking place afterwards- and it is free!
4. Tom at the Farm (Tom à la ferme) – Tues – Wed 15th/16th Cube Microplex, BRISTOL
This dark thriller that follows a young man at his boyfriend’s funeral was aired at numerous film festivals and has been called “a work of genius”, well worth a watch.
5. Rollerball – Thu 17th July – The Duke of Wellington, LONDON
Science Fiction Theatre presents Rollerball, a brutal, intelligent, dystopian depiction of the near future and is as thought provoking today as it was in the 1970s.