#123movies #fmovies #putlocker #gomovies #solarmovie #soap2day Watch Full Movie Online Free – Inspired by true events. Cast into a violent and bloody world of murder, Hereward, a novice monk, must deliver the Holy Gospel of Lindisfarne – a book of great beauty and power – to the safety of the Iona monastery, while being pursued by a Viking death squad hell- bent on its capture. On his way to the monastery, he meets a fierce and skilled swordsman who answers his prayers and dedicates his life to protecting Hereward while he delivers the book. In the midst of their journey, they are confronted by Vikings ready to kill in order to get what they want, leaving Hereward and his protector at their mercy.
Plot: Cast into a violent and bloody world of murder, Hereward, a novice monk, must deliver the Holy Gospel of Lindisfarne – a book of great beauty and power – to the safety of the Iona monastery, while being pursued by a Viking death squad hell- bent on its capture. On his way to the monastery, he meets a fierce and skilled swordsman who answers his prayers and dedicates his life to protecting Hereward while he delivers the book. In the midst of their journey, they are confronted by Vikings ready to kill in order to get what they want, leaving Hereward and his protector at their mercy.
Smart Tags: #viking #monk #gospel #heathen #christianity #saxon #lindisfarne_england #male_rape #8th_century
|4.1/10 Votes: 1,351|
|3.9 Votes: 36 Popularity: 0.6|
Excellent presentation, shows our savage past… for nothing
This title should be better that’s it’s under 5 rating. I think it’s well done. Very well done. It deals with a narrow subject, in a narrow time, a savage time really. A small cast, and little no set production and only minimal costume design, this things are made up for with excellent photography, camera work, sound, acting and script, the hallmarks of talent and skill combined to make a low budget epic that will build it’s own reputation and appreciated in time. It is worth seeing and is not terribly long. It’s length is correct and could have been expanding upon with longer beginning and longer ending frankly. I think it was shortened for cinema.
The Lord of the Vikings – Return of the Rambo Monk
I think I know why this movie is getting such a bad rating.
1) WAY too much talking and walking: It’s like, they took the walking and talking parts of the LOTR and forgot to do anything interesting with either of them. This isn’t a exciting adventure. They are just going from Point-A to Point-B while in between them they meet like 1 viking and all other are just neutral NPC’s.
2) The talking: I am all for character development and this movie does it well with the young monk.. sort of. But other than that, the rest of the dialog is between monk and random people talking about his book and word of POWER (or something like that). Seriously, they talk way too much about same thing over and over in the whole damn movie.
3) The action: It’s terrible. Just awful. They try to jazz it up by throwing in slow-mo and of course, overused sound effects in post production. But the fact is, like 2 of the actors had threatening, warrior-like look and both were playing vikings. Rest are just comically bad, especially when they start fighting.
4) The Rambo Monk: Everyone saw it coming, and they finally turn him into one in the end. The kiddy monk goes crazy and takes on two vikings (and actually manages to kick ass of a trained viking soldier.. yeah) and then when close to death, is magically saved by ‘his god’.. who apparently sends a pagan (yes, the same people ‘his god’ told to butcher) to save his arse in the end. Ironic and just.. lame.
5) The invincible knight: The Aragon, I mean, the knight with the monk.. I didn’t care to remember his name.. thinks he is invincible. First he tells a pagan that her people should be butchered for worshiping OLD GODS, then he proceeds to ignore the fact she just saved his monks life and refuses her aid in healing his wounds. He heals magically by just sleeping, survives getting stabbed left and right. The power of Christ keeps him running like Duracell batteries, unlike Vikings, who get stabbed and die when sword goes inside their bodies.
In the end, the only reason I am giving it a 4 and not a 2, is because of cinematography.. which is good enough, not the best but OK. Also, some violence is pretty authentic (esp. the monk rape.. didn’t see that coming) looking.
Should you watch it? If you have nothing else to watch (like I didn’t), yeah. Else don’t bother. Nothing new or interesting going on here.. except the monk rape. Which is funny and WTF moment, at the same time.
Original Language en
Runtime 1 hr 28 min (88 min) (USA)
Genre Action, Adventure, Thriller
Director Chris Crow
Writer Chris Crow, Graham Davidson
Actors Gareth John Bale, Ian Dicks, Richard Elfyn
Country United Kingdom
Production Company N/A
Sound Mix Dolby Digital
Aspect Ratio 2.35 : 1
Camera Canon C300, Tamron and Canon lenses, Canon EOS 7D, Tamron and Canon lenses (some scenes)
Film Length N/A
Negative Format CF cards
Cinematographic Process Canon C300 MXF (1080/23.976p) (source format), Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)
Printed Film Format N/A